Monday, September 19, 2005

Farewell message

To the Do As Infinity members team:



“So far away…just far away…”

It’s been about two years and a good half that I’ve been knowing Do As Infinity… It’s been such a long time already, and I still can remember it as it was yesterday…

I won’t tell you that I am sad to see the end of your journey all together. Because, somehow, it wouldn’t be all true. I have so many so many so many good memories about yout that it wouldn’t be fair to put the blame upon you…

Sometimes, when ask what “Do As Infinity” means, I often answer “a life change”. The emotion when I discovered the two songs that stay my favorites ever: “Fukai mori” and “Shinjitsu no uta”. The exploding of my bubble of solitude two years ago, when I registered to the Daiforum. My life getting better as your music get me to know people sharing the same passion about Japan and Asia, new friends… and in the end, a new love.

Your music brought us together.

And if I had to meet you one day, if I had to tell you just one thing, it would be the following: “your music brought us together". Me and my love, me and all the people around here.

We’ve been through thick and thin. Greetings new friends, seeing old ones departing, sometimes in a painful way. Sticking all together when technology decided to play a nasty trick on our communities, in those very days of your separation, when we needed to talk the most…

I do hope that one of you will read this, along with the messages of my fellows daifriends. I do hope you will realize how important you have grown to each of us, to me….How that forum dedicated to your band became like a second family to a many of us…

I do hope that, whatever path is now in front of each of you, you will follow it at your best. That’s the image your band gave us, all those years.

As I mourn the passed Do As Infinity days, still hesitating between joy and sadness, I thank you a last time.


See you soon, maybe.

Stay in my heart, always.



From:

Ichiban
--Moderator of Daiforum--

6 comments:

David said...

Amen great post.

I almost wish that we had this sense of appreciation and awe, this 'hesitating between joy and sadness' everyday, without such a cause as the end of something... This is much bigger than its cause, just as DAI will always be greater than its end.

mojo shivers said...

You're going to make me cry, Golly.

Stop that.

Ichiban said...

@Davus: it reminds me a Russian proverb my Litterature teacher said to us: "There is no bad without any good".

If you stretch it to more universal concepts, sort of, you find out that every things happen with a reason... Am not certain, but there might be some Asian thinking going that way too...

Maybe the ending of Do As will prevent us to get tired of their music... It givs them some infinity, all in all.... ;)

@mojo:...

David said...

Good luck within bad luck is definitely an important theme in Chinese folk stories, or so I'm told.

My response to the Russian quote is sort of, "There is no anything without good." Everything is just good-energy. Bad and good follow from there... I guess that's a quasi-Buddhist way of thinking, eheh...

What I'm astonished by is the immensity of good that is seemingly released or made apparent by small 'bad' changes. IMO that is also near to touching on infinity

Semi said...

Inuchan... I love you... *sobs*

Why do this have to happen?

Anonymous said...

petite inu je suis triste de ne pas avoir de tes nouvelles j'espere que tu va bien mon adresse de caramail est périmée je t'ai envoyé un message depuis yahoo j'espere que tu l'a recu bisous
iri