Tuesday, October 10, 2006

To Claire

So here I am, back from my best friend's wedding ^^

It sounds like a movie title, and the whole ceremony and party sure looked like one: a beautiful bride, a perfect scenery, and one of the maid, aka myself, feeling ill, you get just the right amount of romanticism you need, hehe ^^

To Claire:

I don't know if you gonna ever read this, but right now I cannot find the courage to write down to you: I miss you, more than I had imagined, I must confess it. I feel sorry for not having been able to hide my tears from you, I simply hope you will not be mad at me... Never had I seen a bride as beautiful as you, and by that, I mean that kind of serenity that accompanied you throughout the day.. The few times I could catch a glimpse of you was a portrait of a young lady I am proud to be a best friend of...My only regret is to have left, dare I say, fled from, the Honour Table... My emotions were so shattered I could barely speak.. I hope that, for that too, you won't be mad at me.

Now that I am back home, I cannot help feeling lonely...your happy presence, and your family left a void. I know that it is how life goes, but I miss them dearly too.

As I think about our ten years of friendship, I cannot help but remembering our days together, at ILMH, or at work... And every time, it is nothing but happy memories that comes to mind.. From laughters to serious discussions, troubles of our romantic hearts and silences too. I often wonder what person I would have been, what path I would have followed, hadn't you been around me. Amongst the many things you brought to me is the love for singing (the first thing that brought us closer, do you remember>?)a bit more holiness in life, and a new belief in God, a God I nearly lost so many times... In my turn, I guess I brought you the love for Japanese food and things (^^), and I guess a sense of sweet funny-ness, I don't know how to call it otherway..

You were the first person I ever told about my writing, and even if I never managed completing any stories, it was important to have you knowing it.

You also learned me how to be strong, giving yourself the example...As I now am trudging through hard times, I remember the days when life was unkind to you, and when you kept on going on, your faith unaltered. It is your example I follow, and I know that my stubborness makes the path even harder, but I promise I will do my best.

All right Claire, let me wish to both Philippe you all the happiness and true joy tha can exist here and beyond.. Never forget that there still be someone ready to sing "File la laine" or "Le pont Mirabeau" with you...


Those words, I wish I could have said them to you, instead of writing here...but you know me, talking is not my forte, especially when it comes to deep down serious things, such as friendship and more.

Take care, always.

No comments: