Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Vanity Fair

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Not the magazine haha !!!

Reading this story captivates me so much that I even forget to turn the TV on, or get a grip about how this mad world is going...


Couldn't ask for more! ^^


* * *



Since I am more in a reading mood than writing nonsense frenzy, may I suggest you visit some great links on this Enemy's right side? A Lot of people who have stories to tell, and in an insightful way...

Think that I only know two of them in Flesh and bones...


Guess which ones !!!

2 comments:

Mode said...

Ah yes! I had to read this book back in highschool! And I, *GASP* enjoyed it! =D Which was surprising to me, because mandatory reading that is assigned by the school usually sucks away any semblance of enjoyment out of it for me. But maybe it was just their overall bad choice of texts? Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised that I enjoyed reading Vanity Fair, despite the fact that it was forced!

BTW did you see Mira Nair's film version? It was alright but it wasn't as good as the book. Then again, which film is?

Ichiban said...

Welcome back from India, Mode !! ;)

haha yes, seldom will mandatory readings giving you a big thrill ^^ i sued to read those as fast as i could, then be able to read whatever i wanted ehehe

no I haven't seen no movies yet, but anyways I always tend to prefer the books ^^

So far I love the story. The 19th century English is sometimes a bit tricky to me, but all in all it is really pleasant ^^ I love the lingering irony in everything, and the people's portraits and actions remains true nowadays.... ^^