Friday, January 27, 2006

Turning round and round

Some find solace into drugs or alcohol, whining away about how their life is eventless. Some take on drugs to find their inner true self, others choose a get away from everything, comitting suicide or blaming the whole world for their ill-at-easeness.

I guess that, but for alcohol, I can fall sometimes in one of those categories. My drugs being only caffeine, I cannot tell that my life is much at risk, however. ^^

When hard events occur though, it always feel easier to get away form troubles, trying to sleep them over, hoping that by morning, they will have set by themselves. My sleep being as bad as can be, and insomnia bringing only more headache and paranoia than necessary, I better choose face them out cold.

Anger, frustration and panic often go along, but in the end I show a perfect working girl wannabe attitude, and wipe it off with a song, or a [forced] smile. Truth is: facing the problems, one by one, is often better than avoiding forever. At least a solution is found, even if it is not the bestest ever.

On a more personal aspect, my aim is to stay here at my company until it totally breaks down. Tied by contracts, and with a rent to honour, I can hardly get by on my own, at least now.

I tell myself, time after time, that life could be worse. At least I feel that I am alive. A bit like how getting sick makes you enjoy good health better. That's when you really understand how lucky you are. To me, problems have the same effects.

Of course, I know that without a family, friends, and most of all, my fiance to support me, life could be less rosy than it is now. Problems, instead of being a challenge, would become a real pain in the ass.

Reading other blogs around, I notice about how people deal with their own troubles: some choose introspection, others humour it all, but everyone finally finds a way out, no matter how.

This is why I do not judge. And learn a lesson instead. then choose to agree or not.

My best friend, who is a Christian, tells me that every earthly trouble is a step closer to Paradise. Sometimes my reason would find the argument a bit naive, but all in all why not, says my hmmm....soul.

***


As for now, and with the weekend coming closer than ever, I'll leave all the work problems where they belong: at work. And tune my heart and soul to opera and Pinoy music (those guys actually Rock My World). Two days off the corporate world.

And celerbration of our One Year Anniversary, together (on9) with my Mahal.




Champagne, everyone !!

2 comments:

Ghetto FOBulous said...

Alcohol... <_< I can't be the one to lecture on it because of my history with it, but I do know it's only good when you're in a happy state of mind. But when I'm depressed I know not to ever drink any.

Anyway, Inu, I've known you for almost 2 years now. And since then you've seemed to have grown. You seem wiser and a little less on edge. Be strong. You're getting good at it. ^__^

Ichiban said...

*^^* ah thank you so much, Fob, yes, two year almost, and it's been an honour to know you: even if i never met you for real, you are part of the people that matters a lot to me. I a certain you helped me grow up too ^^

And yup, I too avoid alcohol when in a sad/bad mood... I am from a family where drinking wine with a meal is something common, so I guess I associate alcohol in general with happy family events and a glass/meal ;)