Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Téléchat or the Wonderful World Behind…

Last Saturday, and thanks to my DAIfriend Kaminari no Kami, I had the opportunity to offer myself a great “Back to the Past” trip. Because on my way through old series and cartoons, I stumbled across a little something I had forgotten the importance of… the adventures of a puppet TV speaker cat and his colleague Lola the Ostrich. What they did? Presenting a news bulletin about the World of the Objects, in a n even most serious way than actual news programs, or so it seemed from my 6 year old point of view…

Of course, I never believed there where gluons in every objects surrounding me (science teachers, of course, introduced me to the worlds of electrons, but I always preferred the more romantic approach of Téléchat ^ ^), neither did I believe that the mixer was actually evil. (But you never know for sure, with those devices don’t you? ^^)

I think that what fascinated me was that whole world I was being offered to see, so weird, but so normal at the same time, obeying to its own set of logic. It kinda freed my own imagination. Had me getting a glimpse of what the mind only could do, and more important, not to be ashamed of what the mind only could do.

I cannot tell for sure if it was when I started to create imaginary friends, but I wouldn’t be surprised by some connections in between…As far as I can recall it, I always see my little self living in two separate universe at the same time. Maybe being an only child, living secluded in a country farm, with no phone and no friends around, and no money to spend in expensive toys helped the process, I don’t know…

I still remember clearly the kind of stories I indulged my courageous self in… The courtyard became a town streets, the stables became little shops or houses, and the garden and orchard had no more boundaries, only the ones my imagination wanted to give them: be it the wild wild forest, or another planet, or merely the town next door….Constants were: villains were everywhere, and had to have their ass kicked off for good. My wooden sword was always faithful on my side, and my wooden horse (in fact a long wooden pole) always waited for me near my bike. Clothing of course went alike, and my mom complained very often about a missing dress or a ruined item. Though, after having seen me running around in long dresses, bawling “LET’S GET THEEEEEEEEEEM” thousand times a day, she finally gave up and gladly abandoned her clothes for a bit of piece in the house.

However the places and objects are still fresh in my mind, I couldn’t recall a whole story of mine… I know that I was always impersonating the kind of winged, fearless creature, half an angel/half a demon, always saving the world regardless of her own sake. There was always sadness lingering, like a fatal curse, or lost friend… Never was I the lovely princess falling for the Charming Prince. I was something in between a guy and a marvelous creature, maybe a woman after my clothes only…Funny because my bf’s blog pictures reminded me somehow of those fantastic creatures I love to hang around with in my head.

The game generally started in the morning, then was being cut off by some mom asking for lunch time, or any fatigue or boredom. Then I would officially say “time out” (or else, lots of curse and evils would have occurred ^ ^), they gladly set my self in front a sheet of paper or a book.

Funny to say, my courageous self never supported being seen by strangers eyes. Whenever I saw some passers by, enjoying the charms of our Mother Nature, and passing by my house, I would desperately seeking for a hiding place (god bless stable doors, barns filled with old weird stuffs or high wheat herbs) staying quiet until the danger had passed. Maybe the kind of shyness that make me feel silent and uneasy when in face of strangers is a remnant of those times…

Haha….I know that most of those stories could make me look like an insane person….Especially when you know that some of my friends shared the same vision of the world as me….And that this imaginary world stayed looooooooooooooonger with me than the average norm. Girls around me were falling in love for famous singers, but I was still enamored with my fantasy world…

Of course, being now a grown-up, that fantasy world lives only in my memory. I lost that ability of spontaneously impersonate different peoples (I was actually speaking aloud, able to talk with a good amount of imaginary..I won’t say buddies, more like creatures) I lost the ability of having myself cry for real simply by imagining a scene. I lost that need to seek for solace in my own mind. I lost the urge to find my imaginary self more acceptable than my real person. I guess what remains now, is an ability to act, and to perform. For when you sing, or when you’re onstage, it’s only becoming someone else for a while… it’s only being able to express another part of your inner person…


Haha… some might think “yeah, but what’s the point with that Téléchat memory then?”

To be honest, I think there is nothing more than imagination. How far this can lead you. When I see know kids having RPG games on their super computers, ten thousands TV programs especially made for them, DVDs, movie heroes and gadgets…. I simply cannot understand how they can even get a bored expression on their face.

Or maybe I can understand it too well. Where’s the fun, when everything is prepared for you? Where’s the fun of following someone else’s dream? I maybe had nothing of all these technological novelties, but at least, my imagination was my own.

And believe or not, if that “Leguman” dude was going to kick my mixer’s ass for good was never answered. I still had the power to believe in it…or not.

2 comments:

the sandmon said...

wai~!!111 super!!!111 You should try to play RPGs sometime. I had the same thoughts on "fantasy adventures" as a kid... even today but of course I don't play like I did before LOLS. Take care o(s^*^)o

Ichiban said...

hehe...i wonder how you were as a kid..^^ <3

btw, hon, now i can read your new entries !!! XD