Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Back to the future?

Today a post about some HS reunion made me muse about too many things I thought I had forgotten….

This year will be the 10th anniversary of my HS graduation…And sad to say, I didn’t kept any contact with anyone of my classmates. I guess we were bound together by accident, and that the only things we shared was a same school and a same classroom. All kind of links between us simply vanished with our last school year together. Maybe it is better that way, than keeping in touch in a hypocritical way….

It also remind me of some emails forwarding I keep on receiving. From people I never knew more about than, again, a shared classroom in college and those internet pranks…

Of course, there are the more faithful ones…. Whose I receive pics of the latest baby, or an update about how life and love goes…

Thing is……I changed so much in those last ten years…. Everyone does, granted, but hat I mean is that I don’t feel like meeting up with people who changed as much as I did, and keep on defending my new point of views about things, for the good old days’s sake. Call me ungrateful, call me old, but I certainly don’t wanna play the hypocritical game of "how are you doing? It’s been a while, since…[fill in with appropriate words]".

I don’t like the “comparison dimension" inherent to those kind of reunions. My point is, if you feel close enough with someone, well, you simply keep in touch, no mystery about it. And don’t tell me about the “so different” issue, it is pointless. My best friend and I are the most different people you can find out, but somehow those differences made the bonds so tight between us. Well, more accurately, there was something beyong differences that made us stick together... Hehe.......By the way, I still remember the first time i seen her, asking us about the classromm where we gonna have our first Russian lesson...

Maybe I am too bitter about it. I don’t know. But experiencing a invitation received waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay after the actual reunion took place kinda get me flabbergasted about it. What? So everyone kept on wondering what the hell I was doing, (so said a girl i met by chance on the street) without even make sure that I could get the invitation on time? What kind of friends are those?

Or like this girl, who was in my classroom, to whom I never spoke with, and who, having met me by chance on the train, felt like chatting all the way through with me…Or my best HS friend, whom I met by chance on the street last summer….She simply had forgotten to tell me about her daughter’s birth, aged 1 year at that time. Guess that the crying together, the sleeping at each others and the first crushes secrets weren’t strong enough to keep the link going. Maybe I did a mistake somewhere, I don’t know.

But still….

How could you explain that none of the flesh and bones persons I gave my blog link to never dared to leave a message here? While some strangers met on the internet became so close that they actually cared for me, and helped me out of sad situations? One of them even becoming one of the dearest person to me?

How could you explain this?

From now on, I decided to look back on the future only….

4 comments:

the sandmon said...

*Hugsu*

mojo shivers said...

High school reunions suck donkey balls. Never go to one.

Anonymous said...

Ahum, i think i am one of those flesh and bones persons (the only one ?) who actually left messages here.
You didn't do a mistake somewhere! Our own personal rivers take us on their flows, sometimes crossing those of others, to separate later again, sometimes flowing together for quite a long time, like two rivers in one... but never flowing back again.
Went once to a classreunion (i have no contact with those people anymore), it was okay, but it made me decide to never go to one anymore,... it appears to me like something artificial, i'm more natural.

Ichiban said...

Wow thank you all for the kind replies !! ^^

Yes, Jan, you are right. ^^ Besides my best friend (who actually asked me ages ago about my blog link, you are the only person i actually met who ever left comments over here ^^ And it means a lot, really!!

I guess that if i ever was invited to such a reunion again, I would simply refuse to go...Better look like the "villain", than play the hypocritical game, which I am not good at...