Friday, February 25, 2005

Entered Sandman

I had that strange dream, tonight….

There were those huge buildings, looking like the High School ones you can see everywhere in Japan, be it in anime or in real life. In my dream they were empty, I guess it was at night, but I am not sure. There we were, with a bunch of friends. I was taking care of my girl friends, she was wounded, having bruises and cuts in her arms. She was very shocked, keeping repeating again and again that we wouldn't make it through. From far away, we could hear shootings, and people screaming and running away…

There was that long hall, all dark and ominous. As I was following my brothers in arms (somehow, I knew this was war) I was wondering what mattered most: risking my life and being shot down by opponents I didn’t even know, in the middle of a fight I didn’t even know the purpose of, or trying to escape?

I remember clearly wondering about if I was acting like a coward or not.

Then I took my decision, and followed a person (or was it me leading?) through another halls and stairs and rooms. Then I saw lots of shattered glass, like broken bottles and blood spilled on the floor of a very bright room. I shivered because not only I knew there had been someone dead, but I also knew who it was : FOBulous, a daiforum friend. I know it sounds weird, why him, why the certitude it was him being dead somewhere around here???

I panicked, and tried to escape that labyrinth of a school, or whatever that building was. I remember we tried to hide from our opponents, but then, as we we opened a staircase door leading to the roof, thinking we had finally found an escape , armed people rushed towards us, saying they were traitors and that we were going to die soon. Those were people from our very team, so we understood they were traitors...

Then a big blank, and me and my best girl friend were hiding in the park outside, up on a tree. We weren’t uttering a sound, and stared blandly at the row of buildings, all the same, all dark and discarded and still full of shooting sounds.

Then I think I woke up, and all I remember was me trying not to forget that dream, and still wondering if I was acting like a coward or not….

And I still cannot find an answer…