Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Cadence Mystery

My headphones died today, which prevents me from listening to my favourites web radio's.

And, too bad, the cable of my MP3 player is way too short to supply for the loss. (The tower being underneath my desk, I am so craving for a laptop)....

Which makes me enjoy the silence, overwhelming in that office that goes slowlier and slowlier, as days pass... so I do crosswords a lot (I am passionate with it, but my mind frame is not as witty as to switch to the highest levels), or any word games I can stumble across... I do Sudoku too, now that I got the trick, it amuses me to no end.... Talking about crosswords, I had the weirdest surprise yesterday...I bougth a new crossword revue, the kind of small one, able to hold in my purse.... I didn't check it, as usual, but when I opened it.... i realized that about 20 pages are missing. And that an unknown hand has filled a crossword, at page 19..... Hey that's no fair I thought...

I imagined myself rushing back to the vendor, hurling the revue at his head, screaming, "gimme my money back!" what would be the use anyway, I couldn't prove anything... So I kept it all, and started doing crosswords too, with that unknown handwriting accompanying me.... the person has a nervous writing, and filled the game with no pain: no blurts no erasing, all is neat and tidy...

Is it the vendor himself? Or some thief, who filled the games, then replaced the revue back on the store?

My fantasy mind cannot help imagining the weirdest explanations, it's like having someone watching you over the shoulder... I am just annoyed that the person (supposedly) remove the index pages...I woudln't have minded keeping his/her own games, all in all...

No comments: