Monday, May 30, 2005

And the answer is………..NO !!!!



Last night, France said "no" to the European Constitution text project…


And once again,
France is being given the name of traitor, Enemy of Europe, and even more nasty words I certainly won’t type in here….

I must admit I am not an expert in EC constitution, but I still would like to say how I feel about this…. At least blogs are the last place of freedom of speech imo…..But let me go into more details….

This morning, as usual, I woke up with my favorite radio station on…..News bulletin, France said no with around 54% , and people were interviewed about it….. President Jacques Chirac was “appalled”, nearly blaming the people for having expressed their opinion….Wait a minute Mister President…. Its this to say that people had IN ADVANCE, only the choice between “yes” and “yes”. Why are they to blame for having expressed their free opinion????

And I do not even talk about the whole media campaign, yes and no’s advocates nearly putting some kind of ultimatum on the people..."you are free, BUT choose my point of view" speeches and the like…. It reminded me that political party, back in the USSR, were people were asked if they wanted the Party to be elected again….. A gun threatening all the opponents, of course…..Historical facts guys, historical facts….

“C’mon, Golly”, you might say….”we are living in Democratic countries, don’t we”….

Sure….I do live in a country where referendums are constitutionally forbidden…;;So my country voted “yes”, asserting that it was the “choice of the people”….And the local newspapers only printing out articles praising the yes, without even giving the liberty to any ‘no’ advocates to express themselves in our “oh so great tools of freedom of speech….”….

And more problems to come….

France is messing around again”…”Damn Frogs, why don’t they shut the fcuk up, for once…”… What was simple polling for free opinion soon turns into basic racism. Yes, racism…. Ten times have I been hearing those veiled comments, from people taking on the chance to pick on my dad, Frenchman since he was born, only representative of what some calls “the French problem”. Ten times have I told him to let it go, that those people simply do not think further than the tip of their nose…..

But it hurts still…

It hurts being judged because of one’s nationality…

It hurts seeing people being judged because they expressed their opinion….

It hurts seeing that some people were killed for having a Dream, that the whole world had said “never again”, but that the thread of Big Brother still exist, veiled, hiding under democratic garments….

And to tell you the truth… I do not even care about a constitution made of terms I do not understand, when I am not even certain to have a job that would allow me simply to earn a living…

Allow me to say fcuk to that EC constitution, too….. I simply do not believe in Europe High Ideals anymore….. They are made by technocrats I do not recognize myself in, technocrats I did not voted for….

2 comments:

the sandmon said...

I hear you hon. Well it's pretty much the same anywhere in the world today. Power is consuming those seated on the political thrones.
I hope something can be done about it. T-T

Ichiban said...

thanks honey....

***

I feel like i am wrong... that's it's not about voting "yes" or "no" that will cahnge anything.... I mean, i cooled down, now i am listening to both yes and no advocates, and still i cannot get the real point of it....

i am afraid of that text i do not grab entirely, afraid of big words people wants us to accept or deny for our sake...

i don't see the point, don't see where the people's advantage and benefits lies...

i wish i could live in a world without politics cause i don't trust anyone anymore.

today i had to take a decision on the forum, and i wondered where have the inuchan of ten years younger gone now... not that i lost my ideals, or my reasosn to fight...but i know too well tha the means are not fairly distributed. Fighting agains t the power will lead to nowhere.

MAybe the solution lies in using the rules and have them serve our purpose..but when a minority get the power in its hands the balance switches, but it stays basically the same: yet another ruler, yet another constraint, for the opposite camp...

i feel like Good can never win over. if it he must defeat Evil by using evil means...he is no Good anymore...

only movies can do that way, i feel..



ranting anyway... i better blog about haircuts or shoes or clothes anyway LOL